Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Aotearoa
(Iand of the long white cloud)





Dear Moko,
I am leaving  today with my family on a waka . We have packed all our belongings in our waka and ready to leave. I am very excited as this is a new adventure for  me and my sisters, but in saying that i am also afraid as i do not know what is waiting for us at the end of our journey. I am gonna miss you my friend but my nanna said we are gonna be happy in our new land given to us by our tupuna, the sea is getting rough, time for me to sign off until next time I write .
Your friend

Te Kawana

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Te Kawana,
    It’s great to see another blog from you! You have done a great job summing up the mixed feelings, of leaving your friend, the excitement of going somewhere new but also being slightly anxious and afraid of the unknown. I’m sure many people on the same waka as you would have felt the same! I hope your nana was right and you were happy when you landed in New Zealand.

    Keep the wonderful blog posts coming!
    -Dani

    ReplyDelete